Once a teacher has applied for vetting, they are able to track their application status online. The teacher can provide the school authority with a copy (below) of the National Vetting Bureau's acknowledgement email of the Teaching Council's vetting application. Please note that the Teaching Council is unable to directly discuss the status of a vetting application with a Principal/School Manager.
Application Number : TEC001-201XXXXX-XXXX
The application made in respect of you by The Teaching Council has been accepted by the National Vetting Bureau.
If you have any queries, please contact The Teaching Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view Frequently Asked Questions click here. FAQ.
Kind regards, The National Vetting Bureau
Once the application has been made to the National Vetting Bureau, 80% of disclosures return to the Council within 5 working days. However, for the other 20%, delays will occur as the Gardaí complete their processes. Please note that the Council cannot intervene to speed up the return of any disclosure. Teachers can check their progress themselves by logging onto the link available on the Council’s website. Once the disclosures are returned, the Council makes them available to the teachers within 72 hours via the secure on-line solution called Digitary. From here teachers can share disclosures with schools.
Should a trace disclosure, i.e. a disclosure containing convictions or specified (soft) information, be returned it will be considered by the Council in accordance with the processes and procedures set out under the legislation. Please note that only in cases where the disclosure highlights child protection issues can the Council directly inform the school authorities.