Change of Details

Registered teachers can edit the following personal information held on the Register of Teachers. This can be completed online through My Registration.

  • Name
  • Gender
  • Address
  • PPS Number
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Employment details
  • Communications updates (Opt In)

You can also add an additional qualification to your Registration (level 6 or above on the National Framework of Qualification (NFQ)). If you have completed additional studies to make up shortfalls identified following the assessment of your qualifications, please submit evidence through the My Conditions section of the online portal.

If you are a post-primary teacher and wish to add an additional subject please submit an application through My Registration.

From time to time the Council will need to issue correspondence by recorded delivery/registered post in compliance with the Teaching Council Acts. It's essential therefore that registered teachers keep all their contact details up to date. As the Council may issue important documentation during school holidays, it’s also essential that accurate residential/home addresses are provided.

Adding an Additional Subject (post-primary)

If you are a registered post-primary teacher, you have met the registration requirements that enable you to teach at least one post-primary curricular subject. Employment within schools to teach subjects is a matter for individual school authorities. It is not a registration requirement to be recognised for additional subjects.

If, however, you wish to have an additional curricular subject recorded on the Register of Teachers you must demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the subject. This does not mean that you have to complete another degree.

It means you need to study the subject to degree-level by combining modules from a level 8 degree or completing a level 9 postgraduate diploma ensuring that you study:

If you are interested in adding an additional subject, you should firstly contact the relevant department in a Higher Education Institute (HEI) and ask them about your options for studying a subject to degree level as an occasional/full-time student.

If you meet the subject requirements for a subject, please submit an application through My Registration.