Qualified in Ireland prior to the Current Year
Applicants who qualified in Ireland, who are not new graduates, and who wish to begin or return to teaching after a period of absence (e.g., a career break) may apply to the Teaching Council for registration.
Principle Conditions for Admission to the Register
- Route 1 – Primary
- Route 2 – Post-Primary
- Route 3 – Further Education
- Route 4 - Other
Evidence of Character – including Vetting (mandatory).
Teachers (Route 1 – Primary, Route 2 – Post-primary, Route 3 – Further Education, Route 4 – Other) should apply for registration online using the My Registration portal, paying particular attention to the supporting documentation required. Registration is subject to Vetting.
Before you start an application online, please ensure you have the following information to hand:
- Photos/scans of academic transcript. Module descriptors may also be required where transcripts are not sufficiently detailed
- Photos/scans of acceptable proof of ID and proof of address
- Employment contact details
- Employment history
- Completed Fit and Proper Person assessment form
You will be able to save your application and return to it later if required. You have three months from the date of commencement to complete and submit your application. Any applications that remain unsubmitted after three months will be deleted.
Please refer to the Guidance notes before commencing your application.